Whether you have children or pets in your home playing around everywhere or you are messing with your home by walking and wearing your dirty shoes. But, you don’t know maybe that your carpets are trapping all the dirt in itself. And, stains are also getting visible ruining your carpet’s appearance.
Of course, you don’t want to make things worse by using harsh cleaning solutions. And, that’s the reason you should opt for natural methods for carpet cleaning.
In this article, we have brought the top 7 natural methods for carpet cleaning. The products that we will share further in the article are easily available. You can use this product in your daily life. You don’t have to take the help of professionals, you have enough on your own for your carpets. So, let’s dive into the article to get to know about the 7 natural methods for carpet cleaning.
When you are doing the cleaning of your carpets yourself, then, you should always check the spots. After checking, if you find any spots on your carpet, then, treat them using any cleansing product. Always check by applying the product in the smaller area to ensure that no harm will be caused to your carpets. If you are buying the cleansing product from the market, then, check for the suitability. Another thing to keep in mind is instead of rubbing, you should do dabbing or blotting gently. As rubbing can spread the stain more on the other areas of the carpets.
Natural methods for carpet cleaning:-
- Steam vapor: Using water straightly is a very easy method to keep the carpets clean. No need to use any harmful chemicals, just plain water. You don’t have to worry about any damage like discoloration. As no chemicals are used, and no harmful effects are seen. You must not be having the cleaning equipment handy to try these natural methods for carpet cleaning. But, not to worry because the tools are easily available in the market, so you can buy and try them out.
- Water, vinegar, and salt: Another in the list of natural methods for carpet cleaning to use is water, vinegar, and salt solution. It is an effective mixture for cleaning the carpets. Like commercially available carpets they are not harmful, as the mixture is totally made up of natural ingredients, so, nothing to worry about. For making the mixture you need water, vinegar or salt in a spray bottle. If you want to make your carpet smell fresh, then, you can add on some drops of essential ointments of lavender. Use the mixture and remove it easily from your carpets.
- Baking soda, vinegar, or water: Using baking soda, vinegar, or water solution is also present in our list of natural methods for carpet cleaning. The process is very similar to the water, vinegar, or salt technique, but you don’t have to add baking soda to the vinegar solution, rather you need to spread it on the carpets after spraying the vinegar or water solution.
- Salt, borax, or vinegar: You can also use salt, borax, or vinegar for cleaning your carpets. All you have to do is to mix all the ingredients in equal parts. Then, mix them properly and spray the mixture on top of the stains.
- Baking soda, cornstarch, cornmeal, or borax: Another natural method for carpet cleaning is using the mixture of baking soda, cornstarch, cornmeal, or borax. The process is the same, just mix, spray, and clean.
- Pet stain or odor remover: You can use any pet stain or odor remover to clean your carpets. Many pet stains or odor removers are available in the market, buy any eco-friendly one and use it.
- Biodegradable cleaner: There are many biodegradable carpet cleaners available, you can use them for cleaning.
So, these are the 7 natural methods for carpet cleaning. We hope that this guide has helped you a lot to know how you can clean your carpets with the help of natural methods.